#BreaktheSilence, 16 delegates from EIS participated in the Manipal University Jaipur Model United Nations Conference, it hosted ten simulated committees from the United Nations in which the students of Euro International School participated along with the University students and had a great experience to strongly showcase their views. With the presence of Multiple Member States, International Organizations and related governmental and non-governmental bodies, the debate and discussion was driven by the delegates and guided by the best executive board members including international delegates. The committees witnessed exhaustive and efficient dialogue over the most pressing issues of today’s world. The students had a lot of experience and learning from other delegates and the current agendas which were necessary to be discussed.
It included a conference of two days which comprised of four sessions. Continuous debates are held in these sessions. Euroites participated in the following committees with their agendas-
1. UNHRC (United Nations Human Rights Council) – The protection and promotion of LGBTQ rights. Name of delegates in the committee – Aditya Shrestha Agrawal (Russia) and Peehu Sharma (Iran).
2. WHO (World Health Organisation) – Mitigating Public health effects of climatic changes.Name of delegates in the committee – Ansh Trehan (Iran), Devanshi Mehta (Finland), Manvika Choudhary (Saudi Arabia).
3. ICC (International Cricket Council) – Comprehensive review of ICC rules, with special emphasis on rule 19.8. Delegates participated – Sahil Shah (Papua New Guinea Cricket board), Soumil Choudhary (Belgium Cricket Federation), Gaurav Nahwal (Cricket Kenya), Jai Choudhary (Turkish Cricket Board).
4. UNCSW (United Nations Commission on the Status of Women) – Promoting the Involvement of Women in Government. Delegate participated in the committee – Aanika Bajaj (Egypt).
5. ECOSOC (Economic and Social Council) – Global standards for ensuring Economic Safeguards for the usage of cryptocurrencies. Delegate participated in the committee – Hiten Balara (Iraq), Aprajita Tripathi (United Arab Emirates), Niyuttam Shah (Eswatini), Cheshta Kabra (Moldova), Kanishk Purohit (Lebanon).
6. AIPPM (All India Political Parties Meet) – Deliberation on Article 370 with special emphasis on AFSPA. Prishti Bajaj (Maneka Gandhi).