Over 11year of experience with teachers, students and parents, has bought some insights about parenting to me.
To be perfect parents we just need a little more time, a little more concern and a little more care. This letter from me is a small reminder for us to make effort to make our children feel special and get the winning edge in life and to enable us to cherish the joys of parenting, as perfect and successful parents. It would give me immense satisfaction if my experience would be of help to you. Let’s join hands for this beautiful journey of parenting.
Golden Rules of Parenting
- Expectation from the child should be reasonable and achievable.
- Fostering the child’s love for learning is important.
- Parents should actively interact with the child’s school teachers.
- Overprotecting the child can make her dependent.
- Appreciation is the magic wand that leads to achievements.
- The child should be encouraged to become organized.
- The child should be encouraged to value cleanliness and hygiene.
- Parents are role models for the child.
- Children, not the TV, should be given more time and attention.
- Listening to the child with patience will make him a good listener.
- Buying all that children want, will not encourage respect for hard work.
- Admitting a mistake before the child strengthens her trust in us.
- Children have feelings too, which should be respected.
- A child’s failures should not matter, as long as he tries.
- Encourage the child to take decisions. This will improve her personality.
- The child should not be neglected no matter how busy we are.
- Physical punishment does not improve the child’s behavior.
- Keeping the promises made to the child will win his confidence.
- Our words, our conduct, our attention, express our love for our children.
- Comparing children is meaningless, for every child is unique.
- Setting reasonable targets before children make them achievers.
- It is improper to discipline a child in anger.
- It is great to be friends with our child’s friends, and their parents.
- Sharing & caring among children create healthy family bonds.
- Have fun with children. They grow up very fast.
- No child is bad. It is his actions or behavior that may need improvement.
- The family should share at least one meal every day.
- The child should be encouraged to share his experience with parents.
- A family that prays together stays together.
- Patience is the key for parents bringing up growing children.
- Parents are the child’s first and best teachers.
- It is great, for family bonding to take the children for outings.
- Using foul language before children would make the foul-mouthed.
- A hug a day makes our children our friends.
- A child should not be expected to behave like an adult.
- Nurturing the child’s talents will make her more successful.
- Criticizing the child before other can shake his self – confidence.
- Our politeness and courtesy teach the child the same.
- Understanding the child’s point of view makes it easier to guide him.
- Home atmosphere should be pleasant, for children’s sake
- Expecting children to excel in every field is not reasonable.
- The child’s natural curiosity should be promoted.
- Children need our presence more than our parents.
- When parents respect their elders, children do the same.
- The child should not be asked to tell lies on behalf of parents.
- Love not fear, is the key to child’s best development.